Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Is this really what Germans are like

As far as I am concerned these articles make Germany sound ideal. I wish many of these fundamental German qualities were present in American society. First, I wish people in America were more direct, and simply said what they meant instead manipulating and playing all kinds of shrewd strategies. American’s are really horrible in this way. When I was younger my eating habits went un-policed and it was the uncensored mentality of my aged grandmother jarred me to strait dieting exercising when she told me I did need any more cake, or poked me in my belly and said “someone is getting soft.” For this I thank her, and I would thank any German who did the same; coddling makes people complacent. The same goes for their approach to conversation. People should be informed and thinking about an array of topics, rather than just talking about Dancing with Stars or whatever, not that that’s all bad. A little pop culture is good, but too many conversations revolving around the retelling of the retelling of the retelling of the time that blah blah blah, and other he said she said moments.
I can’t say as I would like the starring too much though. I spent the summer in Princeton New Jersey and Noticed people did the same thing there. It felt rude at first, then belittling, then infuriating. As for the complaining, I don’t care for that too much either, people who complain all the time will find me always leaving the room when they arrive. It reminds me of a Louis C. K. routine, which in short says that no one in the western world has the right to complain, and to some degree that’s true.
At any rate, I wonder how accurate all this info is. What would our dear Professorin say. Ja das stimmt, oder nein das stimmt nicht - information ist beschissen!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.