Mittwoch, 14. September 2011

KAPITEL 1 - Blog Post

I found the reading very interesting. The idea that German-Americans are starting to not view themselves as having German heritage I think reflects most of the population. I found it very interesting that Germans originally moved to the wooded areas because it reminded them of their home. The fact that only 2 Presidents had German background while Germans are the most populous heritage was at first surprising but then after thinking about it, I realized that some German's came here to avoid political attacks entering back into politics would be the last thing they would want to do. And with WWII many people viewed German's badly not helping the situation. But I think that part of the reason people are not viewing themselves as German is that there have not been many strong German leaders in USA history.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.