Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2011

Kapitel Drei Kultur - Kyle O'Meara

Once again reading about German has helped enlightened me into learning on how Germans are like. I chose the following three articles out of the five: An Obsession Explained: Beer, Brewskies and Liquid Bread,Capping the Bottle: Germany Looks to Tighten Up Public Drinking Rules, and German Fast Food: Forget the "Mett," Try a "Frikadelle". I also read the last two articles on German pessimism and also how different groups in German express their humor.
Things I felt were particularly interesting were how Germans were very selective and descriptive of their beer. The article that gave many beer reviews I felt clashed entirely with America and our beer culture, due to the fact that the article described each specific beer in such great detail and showed how each region had their own way of making particular types of beer. In America it seems we usually just describe beer as beer and do not define its taste in specific terms just as in strong or not that strong. I was also very surprised to find out that Germans were allowed to drink in public places and I generally viewed Germany as a very orderly place, but it seems like they have some public drunkenness problems.
I also felt Germany had a wider variety of fast food selections than Americans have and also I was surprised to learn you could buy beer in German fast food outlets. I have also found it interesting the strong regional differences in German humor. I did not know Germany was a pessimistic country and thought it was always positive due to its economic successes. However, no I infer that the pessimism may aid Germans in output because they always want to constantly improve.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.