Bewegen Sie!
I enjoyed reading about Germans and how anal they are about their organization. I knew they were an orderly people, but I didn't know I'd get targeted by a BMW if I decided to jay-walk in Deutschland (How different from Ann Arbor!). I guess I also never realized how prominent bicycling is in German (or Europe in general, for that matter). I'm trying to imagine a whole-nother world of "bike-roads." Traffic-light-regulated roads for cyclists that put our "sidewalks" to shame. True, it is a healthier and more environmentally-friendly option, but it's obviously not as feasible here. Just because of the design of our cities. It's impractical for the majority of people here to bike to work. We're so large and spread out in comparison to Germany/Europe (I believe they compared Germany to the size of Montana!). Also, they seem to be a lot more strict about young people driving cars in Germany (though Michigan DID just enact more restrictions on drivers under 18 about 6 months ago). Perhaps Germans think their children are incapable of using those 4-wheeled killing machines. Kind of like how they think, if they send their children here to America, they'll inevitably get shot.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.