For AMD 5, I decided to watch "Lola Rennt" in its entirety to see what I could understand. I must say, It's interesting to see how far I've come. While I still have trouble with some of the slang, I found myself using the subtitles much less than I would normally. I found this to be very beneficial to my enjoyment of the film, as I could focus more on the acting, and I wasn't "reading" the film as much as I would any other foreign film.
Now, as for the ending, it's interesting to say the least. I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that it is probably the best possible outcome for the characters involved (or at least the most cathartic) and every loose end is wrapped up nicely. Taken as a whole, the movie does a very good job, and the fundamental idea behind it works well to its advantage. Non-linear story telling is starting to become old news, and this movie does not top Memento in that regard. However, the idea of a time loop it entertained very well in the film. Plus, the ambulance scene still gets me a bit (poor Manni, killed in one of the more ironic ways possible.
Overall, the film gets a solid 8/10. I find the cartoon bits may make it a little too artsy for some, but the film is well done overall.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.