Dienstag, 1. November 2011

Kultur 4 - Anna Schwiebert


Guten Abend!

After reading these articles I am kind of scared to travel in Germany. It seems like if you aren't very clear on the rules of travel you will probably end up being run over.
I thought it was really great that the Germans have such a good system for biking. It is definitely much safer that there are set roads for the them to travel on. In America the bikers are always in and around traffic and that is very dangerous. It does seem kind of crazy that bikers hit walkers with such regularity. I hope there are many signs for unknowing tourists. But pedestrians in Germany just have to be more careful I suppose, and perhaps Germans are better at watching out. I thought it was very interesting how seriously traffic signs are taken. That is definitely a switch from Ann Arbor where people walk out into the street whenever they feel like it and not always at the cross walks. If there are "two one way streets" you should probably be extra careful :)
The honor system is definitely a big change from America, same with the logic. Those are the sorts of things that I can see would be very confusing. I do think that the honor system is good. It's nice to see people just doing the right thing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.