An Obsession with Beer highlighted the importance of drink in German culture in a fun and interesting way. I was fascinated at the many different types of Beer especially because I'm used the major European brands of Heineken, Amstel, Carlsberg and the dreadful Budweisser. It seems their stance on drinking is much more relaxed and reasonable than in the US. What a great country!
The second article I read was German Fast Food. This article explains why German cuisine isn't found anywhere outside of Germany. I'm sure a good Bratwurst or Frikadelle is great now and then but I wouldn't want to eat it too often. However, I would like to try a Mett. Es ist lecker! The only thing in German cuisine which is very adaptable is the Schnitzel. I eat a lot of those and they're easy to make.
The third article I read was An Introduction to Germany's real Fast Food Joints. I've had Turkish food before in South Africa and I do like a good doner. The popularity of Turkish food indicates the extend to which mainstream Germany has embraced globalisation which is good to see. I wonder why you pay later if you eat at the restaurant, I've never heard of that at a takeaway place..
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.