Dienstag, 20. Dezember 2011

Kapitel 4-Kahlin Naidoo

The texts for Kapitel 4 reveal an amusing aspect to German culture. The text on crossing the road I found especially amusing because mein Tante wohnt in Osterreich and she complains about this all the time. I think the freedom cyclists have is good even though it must be very annoying. This policy takes cars off the road and is good for the environment. I didn't know Germans had such a different concept of logic. I suppose if you grew up with it, it's just normal but I would find it very difficult to get used to such a system. I would be very tempted to use the public transport for free, but I would probably get caught, hopefully a meekly spoken 'es tut mir leid' would engender some form of sympathy from the officer. The texts humourously communicates the level of order and efficiency in Germany by highlighting the unusual social phenomena which stem from this national strength.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.