Montag, 5. Dezember 2011

Kapitel 6 - Kultur Texte - Emily Seidel

After reading these articles, I once again get the impression that the author over generalizes every topic he writes about. This time, specifically, with the articles "German Privacy: Come On In, My Door Is Always Closed" and "Division Hell: Worshipping the Garbage Gods". I find it very hard to believe that every person in Germany keeps their door closed at all times and that they will get very offended to the point of affecting "intercultural relations".

Also, I find it odd that the author in "Division Hell: Worshipping the Garbage Gods" is complaining about recycling. While we did not have specific bins for each different type of recycling, but growing up we had to sort all of the recycling at our house as well. Now, many cities have implemented machines that will sort the various types of materials for recycling for them. But even so, I don't find it too difficult to sort through a few different kinds of materials to help out the environment.

The article "Sex, Smut, and Shock: Bild Zeitung Rules Germany" seemed pretty typical to me. Most countries (where the government allows them to) have tabloids. I rather doubt that Bild Zeitung is all that much worse. It may base its stories on facts more often, but it seems like most Germans know that it is false. Also, I again feel like the author exaggerates when they say that EVERYONE reads it. He/She may live their life by tabloids, but I feel like this is not how the majority of Germans feel.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.