Dienstag, 20. September 2011
AMD 1 Kyle O'Meara
For my AMD assignment I decided to change the language on my Facebook to German. This came off as a surprise, but I also found familiar words that I have learned to far in German 101. It was interesting that all of the times on the page changed to times that Americans often refer to as military time. I also learned that "likes this" function changes to gefällt das. I also noticed Mobile Uploads was replaced by Handy Uploads, which I found interesting because it was still easily understood to me as a beginning German student. I immediately recognized all the unds on the site as and and friending someone changed to befreundet. I felt like this was a great learning experiance because I am use to checking my Facebook all the time and am familar where things go and to see German replacements for what I know is the the English word really helped expand my German vocabulary.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.