Mittwoch, 14. September 2011

Nitai Leve- Kapitel 1 blog post

Since my mother was born in Germany, I identify very strongly with my German roots, and I even travel to Germany almost every year. Going to Germany has allowed me to see a lot of things about German culture, but I was unaware of the extent to which German culture had influenced American culture before reading the article.
It is also pretty cool to see how a lot of the German roots in American culture came during the time when there were still many native Americans, because that shows how entrenched German tradition is in American culture.
While I had known of some of the German influence on education in terms of their style of teaching, I had not known most of the influence it had on the media, especially the Disney movie Bambi. I also did not make the connection between the American style of celebrating sports, and typical German food, like beer and sausages during sports games.
I hope to learn more about these types of things, as I felt the article to be very informative and interesting.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.