For this chapters AMD I decided to read Mark Twain's "The Awful German Language." I found the article very interesting and entertaining. After taking these first couple weeks of German class, I can already see some of the points that he talks about. It can be very confusing to have separable verbs in a sentence and the example he gives using "reiste ab" is a very good example of how confusing it can be, especially when compared to English where we do not have any separable verbs like that.
He also makes a good point about the different genders in German. It can be very confusing attempting to remember all of the different genders that go with verbs and how they do not seem to have any reason for having a certain gender over another.
Overall I thought it was a very interesting article because it described the German language from the point of view of a English speaker.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.