For AMD 2, I read the article on the German dictionary, the Duden.
I got a laugh out of the word Schlüssellochchirurgie, just because it seems like a ridiculously long word. There were a few other words like this, and I've noticed Germans like to create compound words and just keep on adding additional words onto a single word. Just a random thought I had.
Anyhow, the article itself was fairly interesting. Mostly just kinda tried to show the fact that Germans also have "trend" words, or words that come from popular culture that become actual "words", such as the word "dude" or "google" have become in American English. I guess that's to be expected; America isn't singular in that aspect.
I got a laugh out of the word Schlüssellochchirurgie, just because it seems like a ridiculously long word. There were a few other words like this, and I've noticed Germans like to create compound words and just keep on adding additional words onto a single word. Just a random thought I had.
Anyhow, the article itself was fairly interesting. Mostly just kinda tried to show the fact that Germans also have "trend" words, or words that come from popular culture that become actual "words", such as the word "dude" or "google" have become in American English. I guess that's to be expected; America isn't singular in that aspect.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.