I found this set of articles very interesting. Having roommates that consider themselves quite the beer aficionados, it was interesting to read in "An Obsession Explained: Beer, Brewskies and Liquid Bread" about the different types of German beer and the characteristics of each. It was also neat to find out that only certain areas and breweries have permission to make certain beers (such as the Kölsch).
The second article I read was "Eco-Centric Germans: Organic Food Obsessions". It was entertaining to read about how much Germans prefer organic foods. I think, in general, not just in Germany, this is becoming a more and more popular trend. While here in the U.S., organic foods generally are a little more expensive, it sounds like Germany is trying to cut down on the prices for everyone to enjoy.
The last article I read was "German Fast Food: Forget the "Mett," Try a "Frikadelle". This article I found particularly interesting as I have had several of the foods on the list before, Bratwurst, Wiener Schnitzel, and Schweinshaxe (yes, I have tried pig's foot before and yes, it looks like they literally just cut off a leg of a pig and serve it to you). When my parents come to visit, we often go to Metzger's (a German restaurant a little off campus). They serve many of the items on the list in this article and everything I've had was very delicious.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.