I few years ago I was fortunate enough to travel to Germany and Austria as part of an orchestra tour. I loved it there: the country side, the historical look to the cities, the culture and the food. First off, the article about the bier reminded about how much more casual the attitudes towards having a beer seemed to me there. Here, though its a little different for university communities, having a beer at lunch is next to unthinkable, particularly if you have to go back to work, and even one the way home from work seems rather like a lush, never mind movie theaters, even in vending machines. I remember buying some bead and cheese at an open air market and then city in a beer garden and having a stein in the middle of the day for lunch. No big thing. Anywho, I tend to like the lagers and the weiß bier myself, and I highly recommend both - there are some many micro-brews and varieties, Its wonderful. As for the article about public drunkenness, I can only so a that in America public drunkenness is illegal and it does little to reduce disturbance. There is also that school of thought that make people hide their drinking sometimes causes more problems. However, I also understand that no one wants to be harassed by a drunk while waiting for the train. Maybe the answer is to make drinking in certain places illegal - a case by case basis.
I feel that most Americans would prefer organic food like Germans, were there not such a desperate of cost. For that matter, I feel that America's Geography has something ot do with this. I feel as though I see more farmers markets than I used to, but it not like I remember it being in Germany, where it was rather easy to walk to the center of the town and find a open air market with fresh food. That said, what about the article we read on Monday about the author who loved the convenience of American super markets to the issues of the German market?
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.