Guten Abend!
For my blog for this chapter I decided to read Prinzessin Horst. Es ist sehr gut :) I was able to understand pretty much what happens in the story. Some of the words were a little unfamiliar, and I decided to look them up even if I could guess from context just to make sure. I was happy to find that when I looked them up for the most part they meant what I had guessed they did. Other words, however, were completely obvious.
Konig (with an umlaute over the o) for example was clearly king, and Konigin obviously the female version or queen.
Schwanger was easy to tell from the pictures and means pregnant.
I definitely could not read this book as smoothly as I had hoped. I am sure that soon it will be much easier to read this or similar children's books. I felt a little bit like a child who is learning to read. Every time that I started to get confused about what exactly was happening in the story I found myself looking at the pictures to see if I could tell what was going on just like I used to do when I was in first grade.
I don't want to give away the story to anyone who is planning on reading this as well. I do recommend it. As far as children's books go it definitely is a good choice. It starts with a king who really wants to have a son. His wife gets pregnant but as you might expect she ends up having a girl. The king is upset at first, but then he decides to be alright with it and names her Horst. The queen is not to happy about the name choice... and you'll have to read the rest :)
For those who decide to read this book, enjoy!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.