For AMD 5, I decided to read the recommended wikipedia.com page on "Denglisch". I found it hilarious to learn that Denglisch is basically Deutsch-Englisch; The german version of Spanglish if you will, except based more on German than English.
I found it interesting that most of the words that were taken adapted from English to German are actually relatively new to English aswell and that many of the words and objects are completely new to both languages. for example, things such as computers and cell phones are not just new to the German language, but also the English language, and to existence. This makes sense to me because it would be much easier for an English word to take root in the German language if there is a need for some word rather than the new (English) word having to completely replace and Already used (German) word.
That's all I really got from the page though. I see that if I get into a spot where I need to use the word for some kind of modern technology, something that originated recently in English speaking countries, etc, that using some German sounding version of the English word will often be close enough to atleast get the idea across.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.