Sonntag, 20. November 2011

Kultur 5 - Will Burton

I found the chapter 5 culture readings very interesting, the texts on picking up/flirting with girls in Germany. Though I have no reason to suspect that the authors of the texts would lie to me, except of course the previous culture texts on how everybody is supposed to stare at each other, I feel like these texts might be a little bit misleading (or atleast I hope so). Firstly, the idea that in order to meet a girl you should look at them and hope that they feel the urge to come and talk to you seems somewhat odd to me. it just doesn't seem like looking at someone is a great base for striking up conversation since pretty much everyone has eyes and are bound to glance at each other from time to time. It simply seems like a lot of awkward moments would result. Also, How many people trying not to be culturally insensitive with be dragged out of a party and beaten for staring awkwardly at girls all night long? maybe some? really just thought that sentence would be funny to write. my guess is that someone is trying to keep American guys from picking up German girls... not cool anonymous author.... not cool. That is all speculation of course.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.