For this AMD I chose to read the wikipedia article about Denglisch and found it very interesting. I did not know that using English words had become that popular in other countries, especially Germany. From the article it seems like many new words that are being added to the language are coming from English and the article seemed to say that many of the people of the older generation are not too happy about this.
It was interesting to read that with these new English words being added, the rules of the German language are also being bent to seem more similar to English. They gave the example "Was passierte in 2005?", which would seem more natural to a native English speaker, but is not correct German. It was also interesting to read that many fast food places only partially translate their food names, which seems like it would be very confusing for German speakers. Overall I enjoyed reading the article and am happy that I read it.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.