Donnerstag, 10. November 2011

AMD 5 - Jeremy Kohtz

Guten Abend!
Für MEINE AMD 5, ich habe "Denglish" gelesen.

I honestly can say I didn't know America had THAT much influence on German in terms of changing their language. That's quite the feat. I know its not really "changing" it, per say, but it obviously has quite the influence, especially on the younger generation. I found it funny that the German Windows said "downloaden", but then a bunch of people got upset about it, so they changed it back to "herunterladen."
I also liked the fact that the article specifically referenced the history of the word "Handy" becoming an English-German word, seeing as how that word is portrayed in our textbook as just a standard German word!
I sort of want to look up the German parody songs they talk about. I was once a big Weird Al fan, so I can appreciate a good, classic parody. I feel like they'd be funny for us Americans, too, because we can understand some of what they're saying once they start using Denglish words.
One other thing I was pleased to see was the reference to Will It Blend?
If you don't know what that is, LOOK IT UP!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.