Dienstag, 15. November 2011
AMD 5 Kyle O'Meara
For my AMD 5, I read the Wikipedia article on Denglisch. While reading the article, it seemed like English words have planted many information or technology era words into different language with universal names such as "Computer" and "Software". This is particularly interesting to me because as technology expands and human interaction across the globe increases, I feel like many words will be the same sounds and have the same meanings in multiple languages. This leads me to wonder what language will be like deep into the future and wonder if languages just morph into one universal language. I was also interested in the Pseudo-anglicisms, which are German creations that have different or no meaning in English. A rather humorous one I found was the word Streetworker, which is supposed to mean the English Equivlent of Social Worker. In the United States, a street worker usually has the connotation for a Prostitute and not the respected field of social work. I also found it interesting how Deutsche Bank does most of its business in English. I could never imagine an American company doing most of their business in German.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.