I came from a farming town where it was very common to have students in the school system who would come to work as migrants for a few months. I befriended a few and they seemed to always be speaking a little mixture of the 2 languages. Even when they tried to speak in all English it was very common for them to slip up and say "y" instead of and or "pero" instead of but.
However, from when I read the article on Denglish it was actually quite a bit different. Instead of using the 2 languages intermittently, Denglisch has just a few words that have an English influence. Most of these words also have to do with technology such as downloaden or Handy.
I was also surprised that it mentioned the fact that the older generations do not approve of the English influence in their language. To me, it makes sense that some words, especially when it comes to technology, sound quite alike for the convenience of all involved.
Danielle Ayres
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.