Sonntag, 27. November 2011

Kapital 5 - "Germany Survival Bible"

I read the article "The Land of Beer, Sausage and Sex Shops" and it appears the stereotype that though Americans are much more easily shocked than Europeans, and Germans in particular, is true.  Bearing in mind the recurrent Red Districts, Moulin Rouge, and pretty much all of Holland, in addition to other famously inappropriate places, Germany seems to have taken its place among shocking European pastimes.
Which makes me wonder, why do Americans deem this type of behavior bad? I mean I'm not condoning this behaviour but reading this article makes me question those who become offended by those places.
 Why?  I mean if you're going to be offended, make it purposeful!  And if these places make you uncomfortable don't go there.  I'm not saying that we should construct these establishments overnight throughout the United States, but I'm saying good for you Germany if you can be chill enough to accept both the Grocery-Store connoisseur and the Sex Shop enthusiast.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.