Mittwoch, 2. November 2011

Kultur 4 - Kapitel vier - Isaac - I want to ride my bicycle


First off, I wish that more American's were bike-centric people - not only is good for you (ride your bike everywhere and you save time on making specific time to do exercise and you can eat almost anything you want) and good for the environment, but it also helps you pace your life more leisurely. As for the abrupt and terse nature of bikers in Germany, I say they have the right. Get out of the way! As for the article about the subway, I don't know what the author was talking about with regard to a free ride in America. I would say that Ann Arbor is fortunate and generous in allowing students to ride the buses for free, but even students at Michigan State University in East Lansing pay to ride the bus. Furthermore, any of you who have visited New york or Chicago know that the elevated train or subway is not free. In Chicago it is 1.50 a ride, meaning anything round trip is 3.00 which adds up fast - that's a 2 cups off coffee or a latte every train ride, and New York is even more, especially if you want to go to New Jersey, the cheapest you can find is between 10 and 15 bucks and up depending how far. Of course, this could be more but it sure ain't free. I wish city trains were fully subsidized by the government like in Russia, which, by the way, have train stations that look like Versailles in St. Petersburg (see one stop above). Crossing the street - I see to each his own, but in general go when its clear and lights be damned.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.