Dienstag, 1. November 2011

Kultur 4

Once again, this website makes some bold all-encompassing stereotypes about Germans. Ex: "The Germans love to be naked." This idea of a German nudist seems not to fit in with the other stereotypes they give of Germany: orderly, rule-loving, and strict.
It's interesting to hear that riding the subways illegally is stigmatized in Germany. I'm sure there are things similar in America, rules that people just follow, and that are not "cool" to break.
Other rules that are stricter in Germany than in America are the rules about jaywalking. We jaywalk all the time here! I thought it was funny that it is especially bad to do it in front of young children. This makes me nervous to take to the streets of Germany alone, but if I am ever the driver in this situation, I would appreciate having the right of way. It seems safer that pedestrians watch out for the cars rather than the cars having to come to a screeching halt or swerving out of the way for errant, law-breaking jaywalkers.
I followed the link to the article about the revealing picture of Angela Merkel published in a British tabloid. I was slightly proud that the Germans were, on the whole, disgusted and thought it was disrespectful of the tabloid. I can't imagine what it would be like if such a picture were taken of Hillary Clinton or someone. I think that the major question would be why she was naked outside, and not why the tabloid took or printed the picture.
"The Hammer".... hmm I wonder how he got such a nickname.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.