Montag, 21. November 2011

Kultur 5

I can't imagine an old lady poking me on purpose and not apologizing. Most of these articles make Germany out to be a dangerous, unwelcoming place.
They have Klofraus in France too, I don't think I paid them. I thought they were looking for extra tips, I didn't know that we were their source of income. And bathroom cleaning isn't the sort of excellent job you notice and want to congratulate people on. But now that I've read this article I feel bad for them, They always seemed angry and unpleasant when I walked by them, but maybe this was because I wasn't tipping them. Some bathrooms you really DO have to pay to use, money isn't optional. As sad as the situation of the Klofrau is, I still think that bathrooms should be free.
The news about how German people flirt is sort of a trade-off. Less women are bothered in bars by guys hitting on them, but then again it seems impossible to actually get asked out because they are so reserved. I thought the story about the guy who asked her "What do you want from me?" just because she danced with him was really funny, but it had to be so embarrassing for her.
The stuff about women in Germany sounds pretty similar to the situation of women in America. The one thing I hadn't heard of in America was the legal situation of retired prostitutes. I'm glad that there is also support to encourage women to leave prostitution.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.