Dienstag, 22. November 2011

Kapitel 5 Kultur- Matt

As I continue to laugh uncontrollably while reading SPIEGEL ONLINE, I begin to question whether I should even take the littlest consideration of their advice for living in Germany- "This writer was jabbed decisively in the ribs by a bitter old lady wanting to clear space for her grandson to watch a parade"- what?! And what's with the old German women- first they stare at you at 3:00am, now they'll 'decisively' stab you in the ribs... and I thought the AARP was strong.
The article on the sex store reminded my of Ann Arbor's Safe Sex store (which I've never gone inside), where things are on display and seems very much like that of Germany's. Though here in America, I think they are not as popular (at least as described by SPIEGEL ONLINE) as those in Germany.
I have slight memory for the Klorfrau, I think I saw her in a German KFC at the airport and my father had paid her small change like 50 pfennings or something (oh yeah, something good to mention that back in the old days before Euros- currency was Marks and Pfennings). So apparently many public WC's (like in the airport) have coin deposits on the stalls, so it seems like you always had to have money around to use the restrooms- except at the U-Bahnhof (subway station) I remember peeing along with around 10 other males in this square bathroom (kind of similar to the picture below except a square room).
For the flirtation article, it seems obvious that Germans are serious about what they're getting themselves into. And why not? Maybe that one seductive glance across the bar counter or a passionate conversation may lead to a future lifemate. It's very logic in my opinion and leaves to no misunderstanding on their part- women are 'conditioned' to flirting methods. Though mixed signals could be troublesome matter in this case.
It seems like life for women in Germany has generally improved over the recent years. This is good.
From Brennpunkt Kultur, I now know that Hamburg served Hamburger Steak with an egg on top and that when people become close friends, a 'du-form' relationship, they have a Brüderschaft trinken (where they cross their arms in a manly way and drink beer like fellow comrades) to celebrate their new friendship!

Herzliche Grüße,
Matt

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.