Oops! Looks like I forgot to to this over the weekend. So I guess I'll still do it now.
Anyhow, for this here last AMD, I decided to have some fun, so I watched some Family Guy in German. The easiest thing for me to find was part of episodes on YouTube and such. I'm a big Family Guy fan, so most of the clips I watched I had seen previous, so it helped me comprehend what was going on. Going back to the stuff we read awhile ago about German humor, it made me happy to think that Germans enjoy Family Guy like many of us in America do. Although they've got a different sense of humor, we can all universally laugh at Peter's stupidity or Stewie's malicious feelings towards Lois.
I'll admit, though, it was tough to watch without the familiar voices, especially Peter's. I feel like his voice is a part of the character, and the voice they dubbed over with didn't give off the same personality. I guess that's just something that gets lost in translation. Anyhow, it was still fun to do; I got some enjoyment out of my homework today.
Tschüss!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.