Montag, 5. Dezember 2011

Kultur-Texte Kapitel 6 - Jeremy Kohtz

Per usual, these were quite the interesting read. Although we all know how different other cultures are, its still a surprise when you actually hear specific variances. They're just things you wouldn't think of on your own. For example, I wouldn't have thought to ever ask about the specifics of German garbage collection, but maybe that's just me. [Good for them, by the way, for encouraging recycling! (But not on Sunday)].
The article about German's made me chuckle a bit. I always laugh at the American tabloids at the grocery store, but these German ones seem to take the ridiculousness to a whole new level! (Though to them, obviously, nudity doesn't seem as big of a deal and such). The desire, it seems, for controversial new, transcends all cultures. Understandably, as well. Who doesn't want to read something they probably shouldn't be? It's human nature.
In regards to the other articles, I completely agree with their assessment of the door-discrepancy. A closed door here definitely isn't particularaly inviting. Especially in the dorms for the freshman. They always tell you to keep your door open if you want to be social! And that's the truth.
The one about the students living quarters was pretty interesting. I felt like I could relate; I spend a good month earlier this year searching for a house to live in next year. It was QUITE the task, though we ended up finding one. I can only imagine the trouble they have in Germany where things tend to seem more crammed.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.