One of the articles I was a bit taken aback with was the one about how to enter an office/closed off place of business. I am most definitely the type of person who would always knock and wait to be invited in, even if the door was open (if I didn't know the person very well). So having to basically announce your presence, and then just barge right in would surely be a challenge for me. However, if I were to see someone do it, and know that such a thing was ok with that particular person (im sure some people would rather have you wait outside until they are ready for you) I would be willing to make my presence known and then stroll right in.
The author of the garbage article seems like a big fat baby. Is it really such a problem having your garbage/recycling color coded? Wouldn't you be able to look into each bin and see what was inside each of them, and then throw whatever it is you have into the proper basket? Or even if they are all empty, you could politely ask a stranger what goes into each can. Even if your unsure of what you would classify that particular object that you have as, you could once again just ask someone their opinion, and follow that. Worst case senario, you could just throw it into the "other stuff" can. I dont think german police officers patrol the garbage areas to ensure that everyone is disposing of their refuse properly.
The fact that student housing is so bad seems incredible. One would think that a university would be able to accommodate its students, or at the very least be able to help them find a suitable place of residence. It would be especially inconvenient for people who come from homes that are very far away from the university. The fact that universities don't have a "campus" layout wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, I think. It would give the students the opportunity to actually experience the real world, and see what life is like outside of their parents house.
I found these articles interesting, but not necessarily relevant to me. Still, I enjoyed reading them.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.