Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Kultur 2 Danielle Ayres

It is interesting to me to think that simple things such as mannerisms of people differ from country to country. On learning about how it is common practice to stare down others in Germany I realized how uncomfortable of a thing it is in America. I am constantly making awkward eye contact with people on the bus, in the halls, or across the room. As soon as eye-contact is made, I avoid looking at that person for the rest of the time I have to spend in close quarters with them. It would be extreme culture shock to realize someone is continually staring at me and have it be a normal thing.

Something else I found noteworthy was the fact that lying to be polite was thought of as rude. Such things I would normally consider to be polite such as lying about liking certain foods or taking more to be polite would be thought of as rude in Germany. I also can't imagine being able to not be offended if someone asked me if I had put on weight!



[staring_<span class=Old man giving a German stare down.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.