
I'm glad that we're learning about sarcastic views on German culture, I never learned anything like this in my French class! I think that knowing of these stereotypes will make me more tolerant of culturally different behavior if I was to visit Germany. Admitting and joking about an oddity or fault makes it seems like less of a negative thing and more of a funny quirk.
I think it's funny that apparently "Germans love documentaries." I wouldn't know any of the statistics I would probably be asked! So I looked this up: Mein Universität hat 27,027 Studenten. (seibundzwanzig tausend und seibundzwanzig) According to collegeboard.com
I looked up Stefanie Bühler to see what some of her other work was like. She was mentioned in the "Germanic Stare Down" article. She has a lot of cool stuff! I attached one piece I really liked that is called "Morgen." It's in the Birgit Ostermeier museum in Berlin. She had a bunch of other pieces that I really liked too, including something that looked like a winding path of dirt and grass inside a museum.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.