Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Kultur 2- Kyle O'Meara

In my readings about the German people from the Kultur 2 assignment I have found that Germans are very direct people and will give you a complete honest outlook on life. The first article mentions that Germany is generally viewed as a marvelous, and efficient country from foreigners, yet Germans are generally pessimistic about services such as their transit and try to find little things wrong with their countries' services or politician. However, I believe this viewpoint from many Germans causes a higher standard of living and the constant wish to always improve and to not be complacent leading to having a high standard of living compared to the world. The next two articles ("The Germanic Stare Down": Watcha Lookin’ at, Granny?,Brutally Honest: "Have You Gained Weight?") led me to generalize Germans as very honest and open people. It seems as if they do not believe in the concept of the "white-lie" and tell what the think honestly about everything they encounter. This however, leads to people not being offended like they are in America because the asker is always expecting a truthful answer. I also viewed German vigilantism through staring/looking as beneficial to living an orderly lifestyle and way of life for Germany. I also loved the last article mentioning how Germans viewed statistics. I found it to be very positive for people to know a lot of information of the places they are from and to share it with others. This I believe leads to a more knowledgable society. Overall I now view Germans with a very high regard based upon the importance they have for order, efficiency, truth, and knowledge.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.