Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2011

AMD 2 Danielle Ayres

For my activity, I chose to read the article "The Awful German Language" by Mark Twain. First off I always loved to read Mark Twain growing up so I was very excited to be able to read another one of his works.
There were a lot of references to certain German grammar that I was not yet familiar with such as Zug and Schlag or when he referenced the use of parenthesis in newspapers:

"But when he, upon the street, the (in-satin-and-silk-covered-now-very-unconstrained-after-the-newest-fashioned-dressed) government counselor's wife met," etc., etc. [1]

1. Wenn er aber auf der Strasse der in Sammt und Seide gehüllten jetzt sehr ungenirt nach der neusten Mode gekleideten Regierungsräthin begegnet.
It made me interested to learn more about how this use of grammar works. It was also cool to see things that I now know about that i didn't know a couple weeks ago such as "der, das, die"






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.