For an activity I listened to a Podcast in German about film. It was very interesting because the two hosts, if you will, were discussing American Cinema. They outlined the clichés in American films, like huge action scenes, explosions, and the like. It was very strange because they were speaking in German but would say the titles in English. And listening rather than watching two people speak the language is far more difficult because you cannot see body language in order to read into expressions and phrases.
Also, by listening and not reading the language, different accents or ways of pronouncing different words it makes it much more difficult to understand. I think any student of language should listen often to the language rather than watching people speak it because it lets you concentrate on the formation of the words. And it helps when I go to pronounce words because it allows me to think my own accent isn't all rubbish! I recommend just listening to the language when you have the chance.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.