Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011

Germanic Stare down blog post -nitai

Guten Tag!
I read the artice "Germanic Stare Down," and I found it quite humorous. I have been to Germany many times, and each time I am there, I encounter some people who are just staring at me, making me feel a little uncomfortable. I guess I now know that it is not an insult. Being from New York, what the article says about how prolonged eye contact being an insult is very true, as I have seen some people get very angry when being stared at for too long.
It makes sense though that German people would have this attitude, considering what they went through. In regards to that "granny who stares at you from her window," that grandmother probably experienced WWII, and all the problems that happened, and then the period of time following that where it was very rough for Germany. Going through that experience would make anyone very cautious and aware of their surroundings, so it makes sense if that is the attitude that people have.
Tchuss,
Nitai Leve

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.