Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2011
Kapital Zwei - In weiter Ferne, so nach.
For my activity I watched the film 'In weiter Ferne, so nach' or (Faraway, So Close) by Wim Wenters. Produced and filmed in 1993 the story follows an angel as he realizes what it's like to be human. A true accomplishment for German Cinema this film won the Grand Jury Prize at the Cannes film festival that year. The performance by Otto Sander is remarkable, his ability to capture innocence within seconds of producing anger is one of the many elements that makes this film great. Like most German Cinema this film showcases many languages. I counted German, Russian, English, Italian, and French my first time watching it. Of all the German films I've seen, characters speaking numerous languages seems to be common. The film was set in Berlin after the end of WWII and although it draws on the downfall of the Berlin Wall that event doesn't seem relevant to the plot. The use of black and white mixed with colour is also a stunning effect created by Jürgen Jürges (what a name) and became a milestone for cinema. I recommend this film to anyone! The renowned band U2 also wrote and performed a song specifically for this film. It's worth the three odd hours it takes to watch the entire thing!
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.