Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2011
AMD 2 - Robby Graham
For my AMD 2 assignment, I read the article on the Duden. I found it interesting how Germany has a dictionary that is actually meant to represent the language of the time, and I feel like this is more effective than a dictionary with archaic terms. Another interesting aspect of the article was how words like Gangsta-rap, Googeln, and Electronic book were added as these are all terms that have come to popularity in the U.S., and it shows how these things have become multicultural probably due to things like the widespread use of the internet and world wide television. I also find it amusing that there are a lot of very literal translations such Schlussellochchirurgie meaning key hole surgery, Handyfrei for a no cell phone zone, and Fettabsaugung for fat sucking to represent liposuction.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.