Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2011

AMD 3 - Isaac - Run Lola Run

For my third AMD I watched the full movie of "Lola Rennt," though it is only 81 minute long in total. I am not sure if we are going to continue to watch this as the semesters goes on, but it is wunderbar film. I actually googled German films to watch first, and "Lola kept showing up on top ten lists. I will try not to give away to much of the movie, but where we left Lola in our last assignment is just the beginning. While watching the film I noticed very clearly that my understanding of German language has improved greatly already. I certain words in characters jumping out at me. I got the idea for this AMD by watching a biography posted on youtube of a famous German musician. I wanted to watch this, but there were no subtitles. I am hoping by the end of the semester I can watch it and follow it for the most part. As for Lola, it was little difficult to pick what people were saying because the music is balanced quite high in this movie where characters mumble somewhat. However, I was very pleased at the parts we have done worksheets on - I could follow exactly without needing the subtitles and I found myself understanding what they were saying. I was really trying to work towards thinking in German, rather than just translating into English. I also become more an more mindful of the stuff we learn each chapter, like all the possessive and acquisitive pronouns we learned this chapters. When the mistress/secretary says "Du liebst mich" I found myself recognizing the pronoun usage. I also would just like to add that the music used during the part where Lola gets shot (and later in the film ;) is "the unanswered question" by Charles Ives, a devoutly americana composer from the beginning of the 20th century. "Lola Rennt" ist nicht mein lieblingsfilm, aber ich sehe ihn gern. Ich kann nehmen den film aus der MSU Biblothek wenn ich zu Hause in East-Lansing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.