Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2011

Danielle Ayres

For my activity this time, I decided to look up some German music on Youtube. The first one I listened to was labyrinth by Oomph. The music video was a scream-o version of Alice in Wonderland and it kinda freaked me out. The main phrase they kept repeating was links, rechts, geradeaus. Which translates to: left, right, straight ahead.
The next song I listened to was "Das alles aendert nichts daran" by Maya Saban. The title translates to "all this does not alter" It seemed to be about a couple who were broken up and now living in different places but still missing each other. Although I didn't understand a lot of what was said, I could still see how sad they were and that translated to me and my current situation with a long distance boyfriend. It was interesting that even though I didn't know what was said I still knew how they felt.
I then watched Wie konntest Du nur by Doreen. The title means "How could you". This music video was really sad too. It showed this girl crying for most of it and then her flash backs of all the great things she used to do with her boyfriend.

I then found a band called Juli which I knew was July in German so I was interested to hear their music. I actually really liked this band and their music is very similar to the music I listen to in english. I first listened to Zerrissen or Torn. At this point I was sick of sad music so I listened to another song called Elektrisches Gefuhl, or in English, Electric Feeling. This song was fun and up beat. She was getting ready for the day throughout the whole music video and talking about how you have to "Lass es Los": let it go.

It was really interesting listening to German music and comparing how it is different from American music. It definitely has way fewer gimmicks and the music videos don't seem to have to cost millions of dollars in order to be an effective visual aid. It was also interesting that really none of the songs I listened to were entirely up beat and catchy. Most were sad and had slower melodies. I'm not sure if this is something typical for German music or not!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.