Montag, 3. Oktober 2011

AMD zwei- Kevin Roach

At first glance of the Duden, I thought to myself this must be the German language for dummies, mostly because it has the iconic yellow cover and chalk writing I guess. While its not exactly, I'm not entirely sure if the book is serious still. Is the newest edition of words such as "hipgold", "Sudoku", and "drop down Menue" can be serious entries to a dictionary. So i checked my Websters dictionary, and I found none of those. So either the German language has a more relaxed view or this book it more satirical, which i personally I hope the latter ( I love satire). I'm not discounting the entire series but I'm thinking this last issue has to be a joke, possibly poking fun at the newer generation and their "inventive" thinking. Also being a history buff I liked the edition about the two editions, one for east and west Germany, because I know for me at least its hard to recognize that at a point in the not to distant past Germany wasn't a whole singular country that we see it as today, and that still has some effects on the country today.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.