Just from what I've read and heard about, public transportation in Germany seems to be a way bigger deal than it is in America. And if they do use their own form of transportation it seems to usually not be cars like how it is in America.
From reading that articles transportation and traffic laws in Germany seem to be a pretty big deal. Even pedestrian cross walks are taken in black and white. Green means go, red means stop. With nothing in between. I'm sure this results in many fewer accidents and traffic violations while in America, these seem to always be a problem. This most likely fits in with the stereotype that all Americans are selfish. We are always so focused on the fact that we are late or that we have somewhere else to be that we consider traffic laws to be more like guidelines that don't really apply to us.
Being from a small town, even the Michigan buses were a handful to get used to. I don' t think that I would fare well in Germany where it seems like there is a very strategic way of handling the subways. After 3 months of living here, I am getting more and more used to the buses and I am sure that the German subways are the same way. Just one of those things you have to get used to. But I am sure that to all tourists or even native Germans who do not typically ride them they would be quite difficult to navigate
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.