Dienstag, 1. November 2011
Kapitel 4- Kultur Kyle O'Meara
I found these articles to be very interesting about day-to-day activities of German and how they follow rules of transportation. In particular I was not aware that Germans had distinct roads for bicycles only that could take them throughout town. I would feel that would be very beneficial in Ann Arbor, as bicyclists are always weaving around people on sidewalks. I also was shocked that many Germans follow the crosswalk signs all the time and cars try to play chicken with you if you break the rules. It seems in the USA cars are very respectful of people and try to be as far away from them as possible, even if the pedestrian is in the wrong. I also noticed people in the US in some cities such as Boston, do not follow the crosswalk guides at all, instead opting to look both ways and cross. The honor system riding subways is very different than the United States, and the US even has gates that block people without tickets or passes from even getting on the train or onto the platform. Again I learned Germans are very literal about questions asked and will directly answer your question without regarding the context it's in from previous questions.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.