Montag, 5. Dezember 2011

The Simpsons

For my activity, I chose to do the recommended activity and watch the Simpson's Tag videos

I grew up in a pretty strict household where many television shows were off limits so I never had a chance or interest in watching the Simpson's even in English, so watching it in a different language was very interesting.

I was surprised at how much I could actually understand and this made me more excited to learn more German so that one day I will be able to completely understand everything being said in each video.

I found the videos very entertaining and fun to watch because they were so animated and it was easy to follow along with. My favorite part was when Homer went to the doctor after cutting off his thumb accidentally and the doctor said they couldn't help because technically your thumb is not a finger.

I though that the idea to show one day from the viewpoint of each character was very clever and it showed what a crazy family the Simpson's are. I felt really bad for Lisa when she accidentally showed up late for class only to realize she went to the wrong school. I can sympathize with this because when I first started college there were at least 2 instances where I accidentally ended up in the wrong building or room when class began and I was so embarrassed when I realized this and had to leave class with people awkwardly staring at me.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.